Why choose an after school club with me?
I have over 20 years of experience working as an artist and running workshops with schools, youth groups and adults, using a variety of art techniques and media including drawing, lettering, spray painting and stencilling.
I am fully insured and DBS checked. All sessions will have a full risk assessment, and steps will be taken to minimise any potential risk (e.g. providing children with gloves and respiratory masks for spray painting, using low odour water-based paint, etc.)
I can provide materials and bring everything needed for the club(s).
Potential content of the After School Club
- Introducing drawing, lettering, spray painting, brush painting, and stencilling techniques.
- We can work within a theme or from the children’s ideas.
- The work will culminate in a piece that the children can take home, for example on a canvas or board.
- One half term’s work could focus on a particular artist, developing work in their style. Everyone knows Banksy, but there are also many others to draw on, for example Keith Haring, Jean-Michel Basquiat, Alice Misrachi, Mad C, Straker and Blek Le Rat.
For one hour per week:
- If the cost is to be passed to parents, the cost will be £5 per child per session.
- If the school is covering costs, it will be £65 per session.
- The maximum number of pupils per club will be 14.